Welcome to the month of March!!
This month I want to begin focusing on finding purpose and the fruit of the Spirit.
There is a version of you that God sees. This version of you is the best version of you. It is the YOU that is living out her purpose. It is the YOU that puts on display, the fruit of the Spirit (But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control… Galatians 5:22-23. ERV).
Which you are you right now? The YOU you would rather not be or the best version of you? Take some moments to think about it.
You will always be you! What I mean is that, the best version of you is not a different person. The best version of you is the you that is more you. As you grow in the best version of you, you are not less you. You are only YOUer. Let us move towards being more of who we truly are as we find purpose and develop the fruit of the Spirit this month.
Did you ever love reading? Do you love reading? Do you read? Most people who do not like to read become lazy or interested in reading the bible. They prefer for the bible to be taught them by someone else who reads it. But what we need to know is, that someone else will interpret the bible to us based on their understanding, which is inspired by their purpose.
No one person knows or understands everything in the bible. We understand only what the Holy Spirit reveals to us. And that depends on our purpose. It is the reason why there are different ministers to certain people, certain places, with a certain message to be delivered in a certain way. The person ministering the Word of God to you right now, may not be the person sent to you!
In other words, his/her message may not be unlocking the you that you are to be – the best version of you. Why does everyone else get blessed and record great testimonies from the message of this minister, but not you? Why are you struggling with experiencing victories, when you seem to be doing everything right? Of course, there may be other reasons, but I have come to discover that it most likely is because that minister is not your gift.
The bible speaks about the five-fold ministry gifts to men, in Philippians 4:11 (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers). Gifts to men! Are you with the right gift? Which gift do you require now? As you study the bible, the Holy Spirit will lead you to your gift or lead your gift to you. The bible says in Romans 12:2 that, as we are transformed by the renewing of our minds, through the study of the word (2 Corinthians 3:18), we will be able to prove (our lives will align with) that which is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God for your life.
My questions for you today are:
- Are you living out your purpose?
- Are you being the best version of you?
- Do you read the bible constantly and intentionally?
- Are you being ministered to by your ministry gift?
Spend some time to ponder on these questions, honestly and humbly asking the Holy Spirit to guide you in answering them.
If you answer “Yes” in any of the questions: Wonderful! Keep that answer a “Yes”, and inspire others to also have a “Yes” answer. But if you answer “No” in any of the questions, you need to turn that “No” into a “Yes” by taking action now!
How do you take action?
- Make Jesus the Lord of your life. (So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking –around life – and place it before God as an offering… Romans 12:1. MSG).
- Start reading the bible with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Ask the Holy Spirit to open up the Word to you and make it a living thing in your spirit. (Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:2. MSG).
- Believe and do whatever the Holy Spirit leads you to do, knowing that He has empowered you to do it. (Yes, it is God who is working in you. He helps you want to do what pleases him, and he gives you the power to do it. Philippians 2:13. ERV).
Reference: “the ME I want to be” by John Ortberg.