“But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”” (Matthew 4:4 NLT)
We learn from the word that man’s life is designed to be sustained by every word that comes out of the mouth of God. See PRINCIPLE OF SUSTENANCE. So, why don’t we engage in a practical process of living on the word of God.
If the word of God is the food we need to sustain us, that is, the food that delivers other kinds of food: the material things we need, then it is very important that we are focused on this food. So, let’s renew our minds, learn the word and renovate our lives with some #wordfood!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Every week, choose a verse of scripture that you want to live on. E.g. Luke 1:37 – Nothing is impossible with God.
2. Meditate upon it day and night. That is, dissect it totally: ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding of it, think about it continually, find out how it is translated in other bible translations and, explain it to yourself.
3. Pay attention to ensuring you use it. Situations will definitely arise to test that word, so pay attention to use it. No matter what comes up, before you react, think how you can use your #wordfood. Remember! That situation arose to test if you would use the word or not. And your using the word is an indication to God that you trust Him.
4. Educate others about your #wordfood. The more you talk about it and teach others on it, the more it nourishes you, the more you are empowered to use it, and you’ll find that you receive revelations on it too.
5. Record your experience and testimonies because you will surely have them. Trust me!!
Did God personally speak a word to you? That’s also your #wordfood. Be bold, courageous to live on that. Does that word seem terribly ridiculous or is it a word that you know will completely shake your world. Trust God! Ask the Holy Spirit to help you, and then go ahead and do that word. You will surely win!
For accountability, you can choose someone to be your #wordfood partner. Let them know what your #wordfood is for that week. Ask them to from time to time check in on you to see how you’re doing with your #wordfood. It would great to ask them to also join in on this mind renewal, learning, growing, transformation and enjoyment of life, because that is what this exercise is.
Or, every Monday, post your #wordfood in the #wordfood thread in OWF on Facebook or Instagram. Just the verse of scripture is enough, but if you want to add more words go ahead! Somebody else will be inspired by it and also will be praying for you to be strengthened to live on your #wordfood no matter what!
We all look forward to all our testimonies! And our growth!! Glory! Imagine what our lives will be like by December! Oh, you can post your testimonies anytime. Just use the hashtag #wordfood.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will open up the word to you and make it a living thing in you. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!!